Friday, December 16, 2011

1 CM of Happiness

So wow! Can you believe I am almost eighteen?

Cool Things I'll Be Able To Do When I'm Eighteen:
1. Buy spray paint
2. Buy dry ice
3. Call the 1-800 number after infomercials
4. Vote! (I'm already registered, hee hee!)
5. Not have to have my parents sign so many school forms; now I can sign them myself!

Not Such Cool Things About Being Eighteen:
1. I'll now be tried as an adult for all crimes... (Because, you know, I'm so likely to commit them)
2. Soon enough I'll be living on my own (pfft, 'soon enough'? Most likely not until I'm in my mid-twenties.) and I'll have to start paying my own way.
3. I'll have to learn how to:
     - Fill out a check
     - Drive around by myself
     - Pay bills

In some ways, I've been an adult for a long time. I've been doing my own laundry and packing my lunch since I was eight years old, cooking since even before then, while some people at my school still have their parents do it for them. I do a lot of chores every day after school. I've always been way more interested in reading than in playing. My wild partying Friday nights are spent... writing stories and going to bed early. I'm such an old maid! :D But in other ways I'm unbearably childish. I'm just now starting to outgrow pink and unicorns. I don't like being out by myself. Boys scare the living monkeyshine out of me. I use words like 'monkeyshine'. I have only been on three dates and... let's just say that three is enough for me.

But... I do get the feeling that everything will be alright. I've already planned out my someday-dream condo.

Dream Condo:
- Two bedroom
- One bathroom with a shower
- One kitchen (complete with stove, microwave, pantry, and fridge)
- One 'sitting room' like area.

Of course, the larger of the two bedrooms will be where I sleep. There I will have black-out curtains (I ruled out having them in the whole house, Shannon!) so the annoying sun doesn't peak through and wake me up when I do not want to be woken up. (Some sunflower I am! Maybe I'm more of a cereus.) It will be very sparsely decorated, since I usually don't do anything in my bedroom other than reading and sleeping. But the smaller bedroom will be decorated with everything I like, no matter how tacky. It will be a very 'Lyndsey-only' zone BECAUSE that is the room the magic happens in-- it'll be my office where I will write books. Ha ha ha. (No, seriously.)
I'm not really a 'TV' person, so I don't think I'll have one. No point in spending where it won't be necessary; I'd rather spend that money on a nice computer.

Well, that is all for now. :)

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to see your condo. Will it be here in AZ? I can always help you with the financial stuff. I learned everything the hard way, and I don't want that for you. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, I learned the financial stuff the hard way too. Oh, and filling out a check is easy. I love the word Monkeyshine and I think the smaller the house the less you have to clean, so kudos to you and your 2 bedroom condo. Will it be on the beach somewhere? Cool blog. I look forward to reading more:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't be 'cereaus'...bad pun. You can stay in home Adler for as long as you want. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the shelves of books on your site, it makes me want to sit down and read on a Sunday Afternoon.

    ReplyDelete